Free-to-Guest programming is designed for commercial properties that offer TV service as a “Free” in room amenity
The video services offered to a guest in his/her room often factors into the decision of whether or not they'll return for their next business trip or vacation. A hotel providing its guests with news programming, sports, general entertainment and a host of premium movie services shows its guests that it values their patronage.
- Service provided to 100% of the units on the property.
- Regional sports
- Premium channels
Typically, a Free-to-Guest property wants to provide:
- Local In-Market Broadcast channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and other independents
- News Channel: CNN and Headline News
- Sports Channel: ESPN, Regional FOX Sports, ESPN2 and ESP NEWS
- General Entertainment Channel: TBS, TNT, WGN and others
- The Weather Channel
- In Hotels, Motels Camp Grounds and Resorts the property typically will provide a premium service: HBO, Showtime or Starz!/Encore
Equipment & Technology
DSSI BULK TV PLAN PROMOTION:
For each new Bulk Subscriber Account with a minimum of thirty (30) units (for model 311 receivers) or fifty (50) units (for model ViP HD 211k and ViP HD 222(k) receivers) that a property activates, such property may be eligible to receive an Additional Incentive under either one of the receiver options for details click here.
- Headend at the property to deliver programming to all guests.
- Receivers in each room are not required.